Following the National Statistics Office of Georgia, the inflation rate in Georgia was -1.4%, and the annual inflation rate reached 6.1% in June 2020, in Georgia.
In June 2020, the net inflation rate equaled 6.6% compared to the same period of 2019, and excluding tobacco, the annual inflation rate totaled 6.2%.
Price changes in the following groups influenced the formation of the monthly inflation rate:
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks - prices in the group decreased by 4.8%. The group's share in the monthly inflation rate was -1.6 percentage points. Prices dropped in the following subgroups: vegetables and melons (-28.7%), fruits and grapes (-6.2%), milk, cheese, eggs (-5.2%), fish (-1.2%).
- Transport - the group recorded a price decline of 3.4%. The group's share in the monthly inflation rate was -0.37 percentage points. Prices decreased the purchase of vehicles (-7.6%) and the operation of personal vehicles (-4.3%).
- Clothes and shoes - prices in the group rose by 5.6%. Accordingly, the group's share in the monthly inflation rate was 0.19 percentage points. Prices increased for both clothes (-2.8%) and shoes (+ 11.0%).
Healthcare Prices in the group rose by 2.2%. The group's share in the monthly inflation rate was 0.17 percentage points. An increase in prices was detected for outpatient medical care (7.1%).
As for annual inflation, the primary influence on its formation had a change in prices in the following groups:
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks - prices in the group increased by 13.6%. The group's share in annual inflation amounted to 4.15 percentage points. Prices rose in the following subgroups: fruits and grapes (+ 46.5%), milk, cheese, eggs (+ 17.2%), fish (15.8%), coffee, tea and cocoa (+ 14.8%), vegetable oil and fat (+ 13.5%), meat and meat products (+ 13.1%), sugar, jam and other sweets (+ 12.6%), bread and bakery products (+ 10.0%), mineral and spring water, soft drinks and natural juices (+ 9.3%).
- Healthcare Prices in the group rose by 7.5%. The group's share in annual inflation was 0.61 percentage points. The increase in prices was recorded in outpatient medical care (11.6%) and pharmaceutical products, apparatus, and equipment (+ 10.2%).
- Transport - the group recorded a decrease in prices of 8.6%. The group's share in the annual inflation rate was -1.08 percentage points. Prices fell on the operation of personal vehicles (-11.8%).