In the first quarter of 2020, the advertising incomes of the Georgian televisions totaled 13,659,925 GEL, i.e., the revenues increased by 7%.
As the National Communications Commission of Georgia reports, the same rate decreased by 4% in March, but the quarterly indicator still shows the growth.
The advertising incomes were increasing before the COVID -19 pandemic.
TV-Radio Company Trialeti observed the highest growth of advertising incomes in the first quarter of 2020, equalling a 317-percent growth, followed by Maestro with 231%.
Georgia's Public Broadcaster has a 189% growth compared to the first quarter of 2019.
GDS observes 56%, while Pirveli TV shows 50% and Imedi – 27% growth.
The Rustavi 2 TV Company experienced a severe less of advertising income, as its revenue halved.
Silknet showed a 65% decrease, while the Caucasus TV Company had a 48% drop.
Rugby TV and Setanta Georgia also observed decreased incomes.
The advertising incomes are as follows:
- TV Imedi - 5,404,783.27 GEL
- Rustavi 2 – 2,555,286.62 GEL
- Public Broadcaster - 438,038.97 GEL
- TV Pirveli - 927,809.19 GEL
- Mtavari Channel - 1,859,641.48 GEL
- Silknet - 229,656.03 GEL
- GDS TV - 437,105.48 GEL
- POSTV - 465,590.91 GEL
- Setanta Georgia - 140,829.45 GEL
- RBG - 116,980.19 GEL
- TV 25 – 123,116.93 GEL
- Palitra TV – 109,692.80 GEL
- Studio Maestro - 132,764.00 GEL
- Rugby TV - 53,573.00 GEL
- Caucasus TV Company – 46,468.78 GEL
- TV-Radio Company Trialeti - 96,280.00 GEL
- Non-commercial media union Obiektivi - 48,890.00 GEL
- Basti - Bubu - 34,570.00 GEL
- Focus Studio - 36,529.66 GEL
- Other- 402,317.85 GEL