There are 100% more computer crimes recorded on January-August 2019 in comparison to the same period last year. Specifically 1,223 cases were registered in January-August 2019, which is 610 facts or 99.51% more than in 2018.
How to protect your bank account from this type of fraud? Report.ge asked Lasha Pataraia, the Director of Caucasus Academy of Security Experts.
We received the following recommendations from the expert:
- Do not give anyone your plastic card;
- Check the websites you are accessing;
- When you withdraw a card from a bank, it has a three-digit code that is used mainly for transactions, remember this code and delete it on the card;
- A rfid technology wallet protects plastic as well as ID cards from external scans;
- It is advisable to have your card insured;
- Have a GEL or dollar account, and also have a card to use for various transactions.