Statistics expert Soso Archvadze states that the minimum wage must increase and reach at least 390-400 GEL.
He says the sum is not still sufficient for the minimum requirements of a human being.
‘70% of the minimum wage includes goods and 30% - all remaining expenses. This is nonsense. How 70% can be goods when the poorest populations’ expenses do not exceed 45 -50%? It is a heritage of 1990s that has not changed [by government] yet… the 70%/30% proportion is still in force while our constitution was changed for five times, as well as the tax code,’ he said adding the 70% should be lowered to at least 50%.
According to him the minimum basket that is 195 GEL should be doubled at least.