Giorgi Gakharia, the candidate for the Prime Minister of Georgia, following the Constitution of Georgia and the Rules of Procedure of the Parliament, presented the composition of the Cabinet of Ministers and the government program - "Building European State" to the Parliament of the 10th convocation.
The following are nominated for the post of Minister in the Government Cabinet:
1. Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports - Mikheil Chkhenkeli;
2. Ministry of Environment Protection and Agriculture - Levan Davitashvili;
3. Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development - Natela Turnava;
4. Ministry of Defense - Irakli Gharibashvili;
5. Ministry of Justice - Gocha Lortkipanidze;
6. Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Labor, Health and Social Affairs - Ekaterine Tikaradze;
7. Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure - Maia Tskitishvili;
8. Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Davit Zalkaliani;
9. Ministry of Finance - Ivane Machavariani;
10. Ministry of Internal Affairs - Vakhtang Gomelauri;
11. Office of the State Minister for Reconciliation and Civic Equality - Tea Akhvlediani.
As for the government program - "Building European state," its main goal is to overcome the crisis created by the pandemic, the rapid recovery, and development of the economy, the creation of a stable and secure environment for every citizen, the continuation of structural reforms.
At the same time, the country will continue to take steps towards consolidating democracy and pursuing European and Euro-Atlantic integration in the foreign arena. The main task of the following years will be the institutional, economic, and social preparation of the country to apply for full membership in the EU in 2024.
Based on these goals, the efforts of the Government of Georgia for the rapid recovery and development of the country's economy, as well as for building a strong, united, and democratic state, will be focused on the following four key areas:
Foreign policy, security, conflict resolution, and human rights;
Social policy and human capital development
Each key area includes a vision outlined by the government and specific action steps outlined in detail in the government program submitted to the legislature.