Today Georgia celebrates ''Bedoba'' (tands for “Luck”), which is not a religious holiday, but the tradition has been around for centuries. In ancient times people thought that the way they spent this day would influence their life. This tradition continues till today.
The tradition of Bedoba has survived in Georgia, though not as widely as in ancient times.
''Bedoba'' is celebrated twice - on January 2 and January 15.
Bedoba: Georgia's Lucky Day celebrated todayBedoba: Georgia's Lucky Day celebrated today
Other news from category
- Forecast: Snow on the way for most parts of Georgia today 15 January, 2022 / 00:58
- Concert held at Tbilisi New Year Village closing ceremony in Tbilisi 15 January, 2022 / 00:45
- Giorgi Gamsakhurdia: Enduring this incurs excruciating pain 15 January, 2022 / 00:33
- Man who died at Samtredia service center had no status of socially vulnerable, Social Service Agency says 15 January, 2022 / 00:19
- Administration of Government of Georgia illuminated in colors of the Georgian flag 14 January, 2022 / 22:33
- Vaccinated citizens no longer to be quarantined if they are exposed to COVID 14 January, 2022 / 22:13
- Are two vaccine doses, post-recovery immunity provide you with strong protection against omicron? 14 January, 2022 / 19:41
- Citizens having recovered from coronavirus once at high risk of catching omicron 14 January, 2022 / 18:55
- Amiran Gamkrelidze: Those infected with "Omicron" did not need resuscitation 14 January, 2022 / 17:58
- Ivane Chkhaidze: The new symptom is "whooping cough" 14 January, 2022 / 17:36