The jury of Saba Literary Prize named the finalists of the Best Georgian Translation. Out of 112 books, 9 finalists were identified, of which one will be the winner.
The list of finalists:
1. Levan Berdzenishvili, Oresteia by Aeschylus (Bakur Sulakauri Publishing House)
2. Lela Dumbadze, Orlando: A Biography by Virginia Woolf (Bakur Sulakauri Publishing House)
3. Maya Fanjikidze, Stiller by Max Frisch (Bakur Sulakauri Publishing House)
4. Guram Gonghadze, On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan (Bakur Sulakauri Publishing House)
5. Zaza Chiladze, If I Forget Thee, Jerusalem (Wild Palms) by William Faulkner (Artanuji Publishing)
6. Davit Akhaladze, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer (Diogene Publishers)
7. Maya Badridze, Minotaurusby Friedrich Dürrenmatt (Diogene Publishers)
8. Tamara Japaridze, The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro (Palitra L Publishing)
9. Nana Tonia, Hecuba by Euripides (Logos Publishing Group)
Saba Literary Prize was founded by TBC and Rati Amaglobeli in 2003. This year the competition is held seventeenth time. In 2019, the best books and authors will be selected by a jury in eight nominations.